Ways to Support TVT
Invest in TVT
Consider making a charitable contribution to Tri-Valley Transit. It is an investment in the health and economic vitality of Addison, Orange and Northern Windsor Counties. Your dollar counts: TVT’s federal and state funding require a local match, and every dollar donated to TVT unlocks $4. Invest in your community by clicking the yellow PayPal icon above . Thank you.
Improving Quality of Life
- Bus passengers easily access most local businesses for shopping, dining and entertainment.
- Riding the bus saves people money.
- After school, kids rely on TVT to get to libraries, sports practices and extra-curricular activities.
- Seniors rely on our Meals-On-Wheels and Community Meals vans to bring them good nutrition and connections with friends.
- Reducing the number of single-occupant vehicles on roads reduces congestion and improves air quality.
Accessing Vital Services
- TVT’s services ensure county residents can access medical care, pharmacies, shopping and legal services.
- The Dial-A-Ride Program serves elders, people living with disabilities an low-income families for whom regular bus service is not an option.
Connecting Employers & Employees
- TVT removes mobility barriers and helps with rising cost of living.
- Commuters get a little healthy exercise walking to and from bus stops.
- Commuters can relax, read or visit with each other and arrive refreshed.
Fostering Independent Living
- All TVT buses are wheelchair accessible and ADA-compliant.
- TVT takes clients to programs at Project Independence as well as helps people live and age at home while maintaining their independence.
Become a Business Sponsor
TVT’s business sponsorship program offers highly visible opportunities for local businesses to promote themselves with TVT. Your tax-deductible investment in TVT helps your business and your community.
Customize a sponsorship package based on your marketing goals:
Sponsor a small or large ad display on the side of an TVT bus – join Champlain Valley Equipment, Green Peppers and others who have discovered a highly visible way to promote their business. Prices start at $50/month.
Bus Shelter Sponsorship
Poster display space is available in three passenger shelters. Prices start at $50/month.
Bus Schedule Brochure
The brochure publishes each fall and is available all year long in hard copy and as a downloadable file on the TVT website. 10,000 hard copies are distributed annually. Prices start at $175 for the year.
For more information about TVT’s business sponsorship program, call 802-388-2287 or email email@example.com
Volunteer with TVT
Volunteer to Drive
Our volunteer drivers provide an invaluable service for the community Many residents need to access healthcare and critical services, but have no transportation and cannot use our buses. Interested in becoming a volunteer driver? Download our volunteer packet and call 388-2287 or email us to get started. Volunteers are reimbursed for mileage and play a crucial role in our organization.
Join the TVT Volunteer Driver team – you’ll find it a rewarding experience!
Other ways to Volunteer
Do you like marching in holiday parades? Walk along with the TVT bus during the Memorial Day parades in Middlebury and Vergennes or the Bristol July 4th parade. Pass out brochures and candy to parade-goers.
Do you have time to help gather petition signatures for TVT? Each fall TVT is required to submit petitions to towns in order to get on town ballots and ask for annual town funding.
Do you like people? Staff a TVT table at events in the county educating folks on TVT’s role as the community transportation provider. Pass out brochures and TVT swag.
Have other ideas? Contact us.