Addison County Regional Planning Commission
Addison County Regional Planning Commission (ACRPC) serves the 21 towns of the Addison Region and provides assistance on a range of community development activities and issues. ACRPC provides leadership and technical expertise to encourage cooperative planning within and among the region’s communities and area-wide interests.
Middlebury College Student Government Association
Middlebury College Student Government Association believes that climate change poses a great threat to our planet. By reducing student carbon emissions on campus they hope to limit the College’s contributions to this problem, and they hope to inspire others to do the same.
- SGA contributes funding to support the operation of ACTR’s Snow Bowl Shuttle. All students with valid Middlebury College ID may ride the Snow Bowl Shuttle fare-free.
- SGA subsidizes and help organize the Middlebury Break Buses which take Middlebury College students to Boston, New York, Montreal, or the Burlington Airport during school breaks.
- SGA works closely with ACTR to develop travel planning resources that help students access destinations by public transit. The 2017-18 Campus brochure shows how to access healthcare, downtown, shopping and the mountains from campus by bus.
Vermont Public Transportation Association
Vermont Public Transportation Association (VPTA) offers information about public transportation to the public and to policy makers; helps coordinate resource and information sharing for its members; and contracts with government agencies to administer and develop transportation services throughout the state. vpta.net Jim Moulton, ACTR/STSI Executive Director, is the Chair of VPTA and has been an active member since 2003.
Vermont Energy and Climate Action Network
Vermont’s network of town energy committees continues to grow, reflecting a powerful grassroots response to the pressing need to cut energy costs, foster renewable energy generation and lessen the state’s contribution to global warming. The following municipalities have Energy Committee membership:
- New Haven
Electric Car Charging in Addison County
- Addison County Regional Planning, 14 Seminary St Middlebury
- Downtown Middlebury, 12 Mill St
- Swift House Inn, 25 Stewart Ln Middlebury
- Basin Harbor Club, 4800 Basin Harbor Rd Vergennes
- DR Power Equipment, 75 Meigs Rd Vergennes