Ways to Support ACTR
Invest in ACTR
Consider making a charitable contribution to ACTR. It is an investment in the health and economic vitality of Addison County. Your dollar counts: ACTR’s federal and state funding require a local match, and every dollar donated to ACTR unlocks $4. Invest in your community by clicking the green “Just Give” icon to the left . Thank you.
Improving Quality of Life
- Bus passengers easily access most local businesses for shopping, dining and entertainment.
- Riding the bus saves people money.
- After school, kids rely on ACTR to get to libraries, sports practices and extra-curricular activities.
- Seniors rely on our Meals-On-Wheels and Community Meals vans to bring them good nutrition and connections with friends.
- Reducing the number of single-occupant vehicles on roads reduces congestion and improves air quality.
Accessing Vital Services
- ACTR’s services ensure county residents can access medical care, pharmacies, shopping and legal services.
- The Dial-A-Ride Program serves elders, people living with disabilities an low-income families for whom regular bus service is not an option.
Connecting Employers & Employees
- ACTR removes mobility barriers and helps with rising cost of living.
- Commuters get a little healthy exercise walking to and from bus stops.
- Commuters can relax, read or visit with each other and arrive refreshed.
Fostering Independent Living
- All ACTR buses are wheelchair accessible and ADA-compliant.
- ACTR takes clients to programs at Project Independence as well as helps people live and age at home while maintaining their independence.
Become a Business Sponsor
ACTR’s business sponsorship program offers highly visible opportunities for local businesses to promote themselves with ACTR. Your tax-deductible investment in ACTR helps your business and your community.
Customize a sponsorship package based on your marketing goals:
Sponsor a small or large ad display on the side of an ACTR bus – join Champlain Valley Equipment, Green Peppers and others who have discovered a highly visible way to promote their business. Prices start at $65/month.
Bus Shelter Sponsorship
Weather- and tamper-resistant ad space is available in the Merchant’s Row Bus Shelter in downtown Middlebury. This location on the green in downtown is highly traveled. There are MORE THAN 50,000 RIDES PER YEAR associated with this bus stop – where all six ACTR bus routes originate. Prices start at $60/month.
Bus Schedule Brochure
The brochure publishes each fall and is available all year long in hard copy and as a downloadable file on the ACTR website. 10,000 hard copies are distributed annually. Prices start at $175 for the year.
For more information about ACTR’s business sponsorship program, call 802-388-ACTR or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteer with ACTR
Volunteer to Drive
Our volunteer drivers provide an invaluable service for Addison County. Many residents need to access healthcare and critical services, but have no transportation and cannot use our buses. Interested in becoming a volunteer driver? Download our Volunteer Application Packet and call 388-ACTR(2287) or email us to get started. Volunteers are reimbursed for mileage and play a crucial role in our organization.
Join the ACTR Volunteer Driver team – you’ll find it a rewarding experience!
Other ways to Volunteer
Do you like marching in holiday parades? Walk along with the ACTR bus during the Memorial Day parades in Middlebury and Vergennes or the Bristol July 4th parade. Pass out brochures and candy to parade-goers.
Do you have time to help gather petition signatures for ACTR? Each fall ACTR is required to submit petitions to towns in order to get on town ballots and ask for annual town funding.
Do you like people? Staff an ACTR table at events in the county educating folks on ACTR’s role as the community transportation provider. Pass out brochures and ACTR stuff.
Have other ideas? Contact us.